Pages

Monday, September 17, 2012

Maybe she's born with it


Some people have a stash of brand new clothes that they break into whenever they want an instant-pick-me-up. Well, I have that too, but I also have a collection of brand new beauty products waiting to be ripped out of their packaging and sampled for the first time.

So last week, I decided to give myself a HUGE perk-me-up all at once and dig happily into an entire bunch of brand new Maybelline products all at once. I got these at the recent Lashionista launch party and was waiting for just the right (and auspicious) opportunity to use them, especially since these days, I don't have to rush through my new items but get drag out the pleasure instead :)

First things first, the star of the range - Lashionista, $21.90 (though I thought I spotted it at Watsons going for a promo price of $19.90 over the weekend). I'm a fan of Maybelline mascaras in particular, they're reliably good and well priced, especially for an item you should throw away every six months. This one is formulated for Asian lashes, which are typically stubby and sparse, which is why it contains tiny little fibres that stick to the lashes to lengthen them and make them look lusher.

 My verdict - I don't like applying multiple coats of mascara because I find it makes my lashes look unnaturally stumpy so I only put on 2 quick layers. Of course, my lashes looked longer and thicker, with the addition of those micro fibres. But the best thing is that those micro fibres don't fall off into the eyes, which are immensely tortuous, trust me on this. This one's a keeper and definitely worth trying out.

Next, the Hyper Glossy Liquid Liner, $13.90. Now, I'm a horrible artist, so I almost never use liquid liner. Kohl liners are my favourite cos I can pretend the smudgy lines are deliberate (Ha! Now you know my secret). But in the name of work, I had to try this and I'm the results are better than expected.

Once I figured out I had to keep my eyes closed for about 30secs while fanning my lids to dry the liquid liner so that they would not smudge, it was reasonably easy to handle. I even managed to do a teeny wingtip flick on both eyes. The black liner has a great glossy finish and did not smudge for the entire day.


To complete the eyes is the HyperCosmos duo eyeshadow palette, $17.90. I tried CH-1 (pictured above for a close-up), which is a combination of gold and green shades. It is basically a combination of shimmery shadow with larger glittery flakes. Excellent for those who like sparkly eyes, but I was not that keen on the gold glitter flakes that dropped onto my face through the course of the day.

And finally,  to finish the look, I did a quick swipe of my lips with Baby Lips Pink Glow Pink Blast, $6.90. This is one of those lippies that changes colour when applied, and I liked the slight pink tint on my lips.

I apologise I've no pictures this time, I tried to take a self portrait but none of the pictures turned out usable but it's ok. It's just my boring face haha. Till next time! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment