Pages

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Finally, a skincare post!

Unlike make-up, which I tend to dip into and sample with wild abandon and a good measure of glee, I am a lot more careful when it comes to my skincare. Anal, almost, though I wouldn't have it any other way.

My skin is thankfully rather problem free, but I'm not about to sit and wait for it to get sensitive or react adversely to some product before I try to fix it. So, when it comes to testing skincare products, I am incredibly slow and systematic. I pretty much have a core set of products I use all the time and then I swop in new products one at a time. So, it definitely takes me a little while to get a sense of which creams and lotions work for me. Here's a couple that I've tried and enjoyed recently.







SK-II Stempower
So you already know this face cream contains all sorts of good stuff including the wonder ingredient Pitera and extract of Siberian Ginseng. And after all this scientific talk, the bottom line is that it actually does work pretty well. My skin looked more radiant, felt plumper and yes, the micro lines on my face filled out so I looked less tired.

To be honest, I can't be completely sure if this is the effect of using this cream in particular, or because I was simply more prudent in applying sufficient moisturiser since I was testing this out for 'work' purposes. But well, there is also a feel-good factor in applying a luxe cream on your face and SK-II certainly provides loads of luxe in its creams.

A big bonus is the light, gel-like texture that feels cool on the skin and absorbs in a jiffy, which is very important in Singapore's humidity.

SK-II Skin Signature Eye Cream
Of course I had to try a complementary eye cream to go with my face cream. It's got a richer texture compared to the Stempower cream (there is a richer version for those with drier skin), but the eye cream worked just fine for me at night in my air-conditioned room. It's got the same active ingredients, so I ain't gonna repeat it.

I've also used this cream under eye make-up and my undereye area appeared brighter and my make-up was less runny than normal, so something in there does work :)


Full disclosure: I was engaged to be a presenter at the launch event (see below, that's me camwhoring shamelessly after I'm all nice and made up and waiting for the event to start), where my job was to 'interview' the in-house scientist about the nuts and bolts about this range. I was sent the product samples to test out so I know what I'm talking about, but I was certainly not asked to endorse or promote the brand in any way.



No comments:

Post a Comment