Pages

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Back with a new project!

Well, what do you know, the first half of 2013 has zipped right by! Suddenly, it's time to start thinking about autumn getaways and Christmas holidays :)

But before I get to the holiday planning, I've gotten myself involved in one heck of an epic project - redecorating my apartment. Everything is still a work in progress, but in between shopping at furniture sales (super fun!), negotiating with contractors (not so fun) and trying to figure out how to clear out old stuff from the apartment (incredibly unfun), here's some stuff I've learnt:

1. Re-designing a bathroom is INSANELY EXPENSIVE, almost prohibitively so. So, get it right the first time around!

2. I have an irrational love for benches, and am almost about to get more benches than I could possibly use in the apartment. Oops!

3. I have an almost equally irrational love for tableware and I can't stop buying more and more and more! We better be cookin' up a storm when we move in haha.


 At the end of the day though, the most important factor when it comes to interior decor is the person you're embarking on this project with. It has helped incredibly that Alex and I have similar aesthetics (can you imagine if I wanted Park Avenue Princess and he wanted Towkay Lounge as a theme - possibly a dealbreaker lol!) Lucky for us, we both pretty much agree about what we like and dislike and we've managed to settle into a theme without thinking too much about it: Overgrown child living in a warehouse.

I may have to get onto Pinterest soon, but for a start, here's a sneak peek of one of the first items we got for the living room: A beanbag sofa. It's so comfy and I can't wait to spend lazy afternoons slouching around and taking leisurely naps on it.


Here's another piece I really love, a study desk by a local furniture brand JotterGoods, that's just starting out. Called the JotterDesk, it's a grown up version of those desks we used to sit at in school. Isn't the entire set up just so nostalgic, yet functional?


Unfortunately, the dimensions of the desk did not fit our space, so we had to let it go. Extreme heartpain! But if you're interested, do check out the JotterGoods Facebook page for more pictures of their thoughtfully designed furniture. Prices are very reasonable for the workmanship and detail that goes into each piece, which is a rarity in many mass brands.

Will try to take some before and after pictures, once the renovations commence so I get to have my own version of home improvement, or maybe extreme home makeover.

Up next, I'm gonna start shopping for storage solutions for my walk-in wardrobe room. This one's gonna be awesome! 

Photo of JotterDesk courtesy of JotterGoods

No comments:

Post a Comment